Mario's Underground Challenge Mario's Underground Challenge

Man, this is the first 5 star rating I've given. I'm an elite jazz musician and I find it hard to find music that I respect. I love video game music, especially old school stuff and Mario, not only did you properly capture the vibe of the original piece but your additions are amazing and delightful to listen to! I heard some sick break beats, and some really great counter lines, excellent idea to add some harmony in the background. The strings are great too. Keep it up bro!

-Night sand- -Night sand-

Totally sick dude!

so_low_solo so_low_solo

Nice man, do you play the trumpet yourself or did you use samples? Nice chord progression underneath too! Make it longer and you'll have a great tune!

dylanasinbob responds:

Thanks! I play the trumpet, it's all me!

The Final Boss The Final Boss

Some cool ideas, it started very strong but it failed to develop into something stronger and more exciting. For a boss fight (background music) I suppose it is pretty decent. It is too repetitive, whatever happened to dynamics, harmonic and rhythmic development. I have yet to hear something on newgrounds that is truly great. Listen to Chrono Trigger and FInal Fantasy for inspiration.

Melody in C# Major Melody in C# Major

Cool ideas, needs a lot more though. Who would rate an unfinished project so highly. It needs some chords and drums, keep working on it.

bluelephan2 responds:

OK. Thank you for listening.

Azrei XL - Virtual Slap Azrei XL - Virtual Slap

Pretty Decent! Nice work on the drum syncopation and effects, there could have been more harmoic modulation in the bass parts. Good overall!

Axel7 responds:

thank you very much!! I'll look into the modulation (I'm still not sure about all the terms lol)

Guitar Vs. Piano 1.2 Guitar Vs. Piano 1.2

What ever happened to harmonic modulation and musical virtuosity? Kinda boring dude!

Try learning more about the infinite depths of music and being more creative.

ParagonX9 - Chaoz Fantasy ParagonX9 - Chaoz Fantasy

It's pretty disappointing that this is one of the highest rated songs on this site. It's cool, but it is extremely repetitive and lacking in musical depth. But it gives me hope, because I was researching my competition and if this is it...

Saturn Saturn

Nice groove! I like the name and it makes me feel like I'm approaching Saturn from afar. I feel like you could go deeper than this though. It could be longer and have more parts. Keep up the good work.

Psilenth responds:

Ya im still in that "I cant get the feel i want phase"

Calcine Air Calcine Air

Nice solo section! I like making electronic solos too. Try modulating keys to make it more interesting.

Smitsy responds:

Thanks for the feedback! Ive been experimenting with that on some drafts actually, there should be some usage of it soon ;)